Monday, August 9, 2010

Last week of camp!

1

The last week of camp was very different from all the other weeks of camp. About 24 hours before I was to begin counseling juniors, I was told that the plans had changed and I was going to be counseling a church group of teens instead. They were an interesting group, and hard to get motivated. I was the stranger in the group because all these guys were from the same youth group and church. Some of them made spiritual decisions, but the peer pressure factor was high. One of the guys got saved after I counseled with him for starting fight in the cabin...great way to end a fight!

The Sodbusters won again (although the competition was very close) making our record 7 - 0 over the Cowpokes! So far so good with the team competition, but this is not the end of the story. While I was leading the teen program, there was a junior program going on simultaneously. The teen Sodbusters won their week, but the junior Sodbusters were not so fortunate. I guess you can't win them all! Our record for the summer was 7 - 1! GO BLUE!!!

It was sad to leave my home in cabin #6 for the summer, but I got over it pretty fast!

Cabin #6 was a cabin of fame this summer. Here are a few records from the summer that the cabin #6 campers set:
- Lowest cabin inspection score (100%)
- Highest cabin inspection score (101%)
- Lowest surprise cabin inspection score (-954%)
- Highest surprise cabin inspection score (96%)
We held these records all summer except for the lowest surprise cabin inspection score which was broken by Ben's cabin when they scored a - 1063%! Some of these records have never been set before in camp history! Way to go guys!

Cabin #6 Tombstone

Goofing off while lifeguarding.

My campers left Friday after lunch so I was a free man all Friday afternoon! I was asked if I wanted to go tubing on the lake, and naturally I jumped at the opportunity!

This was the first real time I had ever been tubing before so I was pretty pumped. I was thrown off the tube twice while we were going 32+ MPH! Ouch...

After tubing we went on a boat ride throughout the whole lake. When you have wet hair and are sitting in the back of a boat going 60 MPH your hair gets blow dried pretty quick. This is what it looked like after I got off the boat...one giant blonde fluff ball!

1 Response to Last week of camp!

August 10, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Nice BLONDE fluff there! I like it! :)

Post a Comment